Monday, June 8, 2015

Twisted By Desire


Have you read Twisted By Desire, yet? Do you like steamy erotic romance?

I have a snippet to share with you, and a few teasers.  This book is for the 18+ audience because there's a lot of sex, sexual situations and some pretty raunchy language here and there.

*******

I used to believe in fairy tale romances where a princess was swept off her feet by a prince, they got married, and lived their happily ever after. Great story.

After my six-year marriage ended up in divorce court, I wasn’t sure what to believe in anymore, but I knew that fairy tale shit was for the birds. And whoever came up with the saying ‘all you need is love’ didn’t realize utility and cellphone companies won’t take an ‘I love you’ for payment.

I planned to be smarter the second time around, if there was even going to be a second time. I had no clear idea how to go about dating again; I had been out of the game for over six years. Times had changed, situations had changed. I wasn’t in college anymore, where the men were easily accessible. Hell, I didn’t even know what I was looking for in a man. To make things more difficult, I still loved my ex, Skylar. I held a special place in my heart for him and still craved his touch. Every single man I talked to or looked at ended up being compared to him, and then crossed off the list for one reason or another before they were even given a real chance.

After my divorce, I spent a few months moping around, looking like someone had stolen my puppy. My mom and friends were quick to dish out plenty of ‘why don’t you try’ advice about getting onto an on-line dating website. Even if I did, which site would I sign up for? There’s like a bazillion of them to choose from. I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about some of them, too. Yeah, that’s just what I wanted in my life.

I couldn’t bring myself to create a profile and have random, creepy single men looking for a quick hook-up or married men looking to cheat messaging me. Plus, the thought of meeting someone sight unseen didn’t appeal to me one bit. Sure, we could exchange pictures, but what if I met him and instead of him being tall, dark, and handsome like the picture he sent me, he was short, pale, and Quasimodo hideous? It would be just my luck to get cat-fished, stalked, or worse. What if the guy was a serial killer? I’m not trying to end up on Investigation Discovery like on those dating gone wrong stories.

So I chose to ignore them and stick with what I do best, I took the safe route. Friday nights after work, I had a standing date with my co-workers. Candace, Georgia, Robert, Carla, and Tristan made up the regular group. Happy hour at the restaurant/bar down the street from our office had become my weekly opportunity to get out of the house for socialization, while trying to find someone worth dating.

I liked the bar scene; it was easy, and I was in control. I could flirt without commitment. If they were interested and I was interested, we could talk or whatever. There was always someone that sparked at least a smidgen of interest and they normally showed plenty of interest back. But the night I met Jeff was different.

******








 

on April 11, 2015

Great first book in the series! I wasn’t necessarily crazy about Nikki…although she does use both men for sex, she seems to use them each for different reasons. Although I wanted to pull for Sky…I kept finding myself pulling for Jeff. I found myself wanting to know more about him. I guess the ex that is lazy and not responsible maybe hits home for me…but that’s what a good book does..it touches a nerve!! And this was a fantastic book!!!! The characters were so fully developed you felt as if you personally knew them. But a cliffhanger…really??? I’m ready for book two NOW!!! Can’t wait!!!



Get ready for a ride with this one because you will not even be able to tell that this fabulous book is actually a debut! I was immediately caught into the novel and refused to let go until the very end. Yes it is part of trilogy but it is well worth the wait. By the end of the book all I had to say is talk about a Love triangle! Trust me love triangles when done right in my opinion can make a book and the author did just that. The flow of the story is impeccable and you can even tell whenever Nikki is having that inter turbulence going on because she doesn’t know who to choose. Nikki realized that she had to make a decision when it came to her marriage and even though there is a child involved she did what was best. However, trust me that doesn’t stop these two from still going into old habits of falling into the bed together. Sky, he is hot young and her ex-husband, yes there are still feelings but he obviously wasn’t ready to take that next step in life. Now, she met Jeff, good lord, he definitely knows what her body wants and is exactly what she needs. Only thing is as I said before her inter turbulence is preventing her from choosing one over the other. You get taken to a whole new high with this one because you’re given more than just a love story. As the name of the book says, you will see twists, there is definitely plenty of desire and trust me there is an abundance of lust when you fall into this story. However, can Nikki make the right choice that is the question and you will just have to read this amazing debut novel to see how it unfolds! This author has definitely brought you on the brink of a book hangover with just this one book and trust me you can wait a short few weeks for the other one as the story continues.

on December 30, 2014

Let me start by saying, I began reading this book on Christmas night, and I finished it 3 days later. As soon as I opened it, I didn't want to close it until I was done.

Nikki is torn between what her head wants and what her heart wants. She's not only dealing with the daily struggle of a job, nosey boss, family, and friends, but also juggling an ex-husband, a new fiancé, and to top it all off, a toddler. We've heard plenty of the "money can't buy happiness" clichés, but we also know love doesn't pay the bills either. How many times can her ex-husband, Sky, say he'll change and go back to doing the same old thing? But, be careful what you wish for. Although her new fiancé, Jeff, has all the money in the world, all that wealth can't fill the void in her heart.

One of the reasons I love this book is because I can't even decide who I would choose. Reading all of Nikki's inner turmoils, every other chapter I switch between #TeamSky and #TeamJeff. Not to mention all of the steamy scenes that are as close to watching the real thing as it gets. After the cliff I was left hanging on, I can't believe I have to wait another couple months to read what happens next!

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good read. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment